Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 06:40:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/18641: FreeBSD V4.0 crashes when using ifconfig on le0 (DE203AB) device

The following reply was made to PR misc/18641; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To: Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:35:23 +0200

 On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:39:12 +1000, Sue Blake wrote:

 > #5  0x0 in ?? ()
 > (kgdb)

 Oh dear.  I wonder what happened further back. :-)

 > If you want more from me, please be very specific. If nobody's
 > interested, please record the death of le(4) at 4.0-RELEASE to avoid a
 > support burden.

 That's actually not a bad idea.  Perhaps ruffling up the release notes
 and the errata will jog someone into action. :-)

 You and I are in the same boat with this one, by the way.  Neither of us
 needs the driver, but both of us think it should be fixed or listed as
 unsupported.  For some reason, I never seem to consider the latter as an
 acceptable solution. :-)

 Ciao,
 Sheldon.