Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 1998 23:14:14 +0100 (MET)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE>
To:        mosh@kino.ch
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Appreciation

-- Start of PGP signed section.
> Hellmuth et al,
>
>  I'd like to thank you for this fine piece of software which works
> quite well on my Compaq ProLinea 4/66 running FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE
> together with an AVM Fritz!Card.

Thank you!

>   Not knowing much about synchronous PPP the examples on this
> mailing list were quite helpful.  However, the "lf" part in
>
> >ifconfig isppp0 link1 0.0.0.0 lf netmask 0xffffff00 debug

Ooops. I surely hope this did not go into the official documentation.
I accidently put this example into a mail on this list, trying to
be helpful, but causing more confusion than enlightenment.

So please forget about this line. Instead replace ,,lf'' by the IP
address of your ISP's PPP server.

If his address is dynamic, replace ,,lf'' by 0.0.0.1 .
This is partly documented in i4b/FAQ and in i4b/sppp/sppp.4 .
sppp.4 is the troff source of a man page, which is not installed
on FreeBSD 2.2.x .

To display it, enter
	$ nroff -man sppp.4 | more

Wolfgang