Date:      Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:22:57 +0100
From:      Dimitry Andric <dimitry@andric.com>
To:        "Kevin A. Pieckiel" <pieckiel+freebsd-hackers@sdf.lonestar.org>
Cc:        Soren Schmidt <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>
Subject:   Re: 5.1 -> 5.2 upgrade, Promise FastTrak device /dev/ar0 missing?

------------951DD1733E09079A

On 2003-12-28 at 14:51:42 Kevin A. Pieckiel wrote:

>>> Included is my dmesg output from the 5.1 kernel and my kernel config
>>> file SAMSON for the 5.1 kernel.  Any help would be appreciated.
>>=20
>> You need "device ataraid" in your config file..

> Thanks.  That worked great.  For some reason I missed this bit...

This is a good example: making a copy of GENERIC some time in the
past, and forgetting to update it when you upgrade the whole OS. :)
In the latest version of GENERIC, ataraid is included by default.

Maybe it would be nice to have a system for this, like what is used
for /etc/rc.conf, i.e. making your kernel config file simply include
GENERIC, and then only adding/removing those items you want to be
changed from the defaults.

------------951DD1733E09079A

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (MingW32)

iD8DBQE/7wNhsF6jCi4glqMRAn+nAKC/Oyi9cFvUelIkUvyH0r0Lng5L8gCdGyds
GU7RvmCY/3+dmeJn7tuwk54=
=4o+h
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

------------951DD1733E09079A--