Date:      Sat, 30 Jun 2001 11:31:58 -0600
From:      "Joesh Juphland" <part_lion@hotmail.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   why not two ep pc-cards in one system ?

I am trying to run two 3com 3c589 pc-cards in one system.  Technically one
is a straight 3c589 and one is 3c589c.

irqs are good, since I can put any one of the two 3c589's into the laptop
along with a wavelan (wi) and both cards show up fine and work.

But when I put two 3c589's in, the first one works great (ep0) but during
startup the second one ends up:

hostname pccardd[87]: No free configuration for card 3Com Corporation

and consequently, only ep0 shows up in `ifconfig -a` - ep1 is nowhere to be
found.  My /etc/rc.conf looks like:

pccard_enable="YES"
pccard_mem="DEFAULT"
pccard_flags=" -i 10 -i 15"
removable_interfaces="ep0 ep1"

my /etc/defaults/pccard.conf file has not been changed.  Again, either card
will work on its own, and either card will work in conjunction with some
other card like the lucent wavelan...

thanks.