Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 1996 11:40:13 -0600
From:      Joe Nieten <jln@gandalf.otdc.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disk Problems ...

I am trying to install 2.1 on a system that has a 260M IDE disk and a 2G SCSI
disk.  I am putting a 64M root partition on the IDE disk and want to have
a 1G partition on the SCSI disk for everything else.  However, I can't get
more than 1G out of the system without using translation, and, whenever I use
translation FreeBSD will not install at all.  It keeps claiming there are
geometry problems.  I checked the web pages and tried to change the geometry
as recommended ... but it still does not work.

Any ideas?

Joe