Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 14:51:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        Sig 552 <sig552@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Steps to build a firewall

Hi Sigge,

I'm currently doing this now as part of a series at:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2001/04/25/FreeBSD_Basics.html

I didn't get into recommended hardware (if it runs FreeBSD, it'll
work) and you don't have to install extra software as it's part of the
base system. Will be covering your Chapters 4-9 though :)

If you're really interested in firewall stuff, I highly recommend
Building Internet Firewalls by Zwicky, Cooper, and Champman
ISBN 1-56592-871-7

It's well worth its weight in gold, both as a reference and a basis for a
solid understanding of how firewalls and protocols work.

Cheers,

Dru