Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2001 01:04:48 +0100 (CET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        yar@comp.chem.msu.su, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A few nasty bugs in the networking code

> Actually, I think quoting PR#s is a more than acceptable way of
> pointing things out.  They're very easy to look up for anyone (and
> committers get the extra advantage of using query-pr on freefall) and

IF you have connectivity while you are reading, which is my whole
point. The one big advantage of mailing lists over news or web
access is that you can download your emails and browse through it
offline.

> it sure beats wearing one's fingers out by entering the same
> information over and over again.

only once, actually. Whereas there are ~200 potential readers
(committers).  In my opinion, if I want some work done, i better
try to stimulate/attract the interest of those who have to do the
work -- not to mention the advantage of a bit of verbosity when
searching through mailing list archives etc.

	cheers
	luigi