Date:      Sat, 21 Nov 1998 08:31:20 -0600 (CST)
From:      Avalon Books <avalon@advicom.net>
To:        austin wood <awood@fault.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ethernet PCI Card

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, austin wood wrote:

> I want to set up freebsd box as a gateway for the rest of my computers
> (actually, I already have, but I sold most of the server).  My new
> motherboard doesn't have many ISA slots, so I need a new Ethernet
> Card.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a quality PCI ethernet
> card that works well with freebsd?
>
> Thanks
> AW

   I use Kingston KNE-40BT cards exclusively. They're cheap, they're
warrantied forever, and they run like scalded dogs on my 10BaseT switch
(which costs only a fraction of this 100BaseT stuff).
   They are DEC-21041 based cards, but despite what you might have heard
about the 'de' driver under FreeBSD, I have had over a year of completely
flawless operations with them, doing pretty much anything and everything I
want them to.
   They're worth looking into...

--Rick Pelletier
Sys Admin, House Galiagante