Date:      Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:41:10 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Pablo Ruggia <pruggia@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Starting with freebsd

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 09:23:49PM -0300, Pablo Ruggia wrote:
> Hi !!!
>
> I own a software company who works developing Java Web Applications. We
> principally use jsdk1.4.2, eclipse and tomcat.
> I want to change my servers and workstations to freebsd 5.4, but from what
> people says, freebsd java support is not very good.
> Are there some people working with this similar enviroment in freebsd ????

If you ask on a FreeBSD list, chances are there will be quite a few
people on the list using JDK1.4.2 on FreeBSD5 on production environments.
I've personally set up several servers for a number of clients for
JBoss4, and all the systems run quite well.

CHeers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"