Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 95 10:41:37 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        iidpwr@lightlink.satcom.net (Imperial Irrigation District)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, karl@mcs.com, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, hsu@cs.hut.fi, jmacd@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: What people are doing with FBSD

> Yes. I am interested. I would like to see sysinstall can fdisk and disklabel
> the second hard disk. Or to upgrade the old version to a newer version w/o
> reinstalling the whole new system. It is a big problem with me to upgrade
> since I have to resinstalling the whole new system.

The "upgrade problem" can't go away until the system configuration
data has been divorced for the configuration implementation.

As long as there is one shell script that must be modified to
reflect configuration information, upgrading will be a bitch.

It's only when new developement doesn't affect the files containing
configuration data that upgrades will become easy.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.