Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 05:31:18 +0100
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        Danny Dulai <nirva@ishiboo.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gogo + 3dnow

On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 08:51:43PM -0000, Danny Dulai wrote:
> On 03/10/00, Steve Roome said:
> >On an Athlon 500, (3.4-STABLE cvsupped about last weekend)
> >I get the following results :
> >
> >gogo -test -nopsy -off 3dn -off e3dn -off mmx : 16.61x
>
> hrm... on a pIII/500, I'm only getting 9.91x under Linux.. I wonder if its
> linux, my version of gogo, or if the Athalon is an astounding 70% faster
> than the PentiumIII.
>
> GOGO-no-coda ver. 2.24 (Jan 22 2000)

I recall GOGO being specifically written with 3DNOW!-support and
therefore being faster on most AMD-systems than on just about any
Intel-system (except perhaps if you compare something like an AMD
486 whatever and some Athlon :) ).

bye,
  Harold

--
Someone should do a study to find out how many human life spans have
been lost waiting for NT to reboot.