Date:      Sat, 20 Mar 1999 14:56:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@freebie.dcfinc.com>
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        me@T-F-I.freeserve.co.uk, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Confusion

>> I've not actually seen the FBSD disks in the shops yet, but I'm sure
>> it won't be long before they are available that way. Nowhere (on my
>> disk set at least) does it mention the above quote. In fact it says
>> ``If you want stable networking and a powerful development
>> environment, FreeBSD is the Operating system for you''.
>
> You just haven't looked very carefully. ;)  From the README.TXT
> in 3.0-RELEASE:
>
> TARGET AUDIENCE:
> ----------------
> This release is aimed primarily at early-adopters and the various
> other folks who want to get on board with 3.0 and are willing to deal
> with the various down-sides of a "dot-zero" release.  We have naturally
> done our best to ensure that 3.0 performs as advertised but, as the
> first release on a branch which has seen some very radical changes
> from 2.2.x (SMP, ELF, new boot blocks, many kernel changes, etc), it's
> also very new technology and will require at least one more release
> along the 3.0 branch before it's ready for "production" purposes.

But to be fair, if he's talking in the context of the CD set in a
store (as he seems to be above), he can't read the README.TXT until
after he's purchased the set.  Too late.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com chad@larsons.org chad@anasazi.com larson1@home.net