Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 21:22:21 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Michael Slater <mikey@iexpress.net.au>, Jim Mock <jim@triax.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Australian backbone providers

On Tue, Feb 24, 1998 at 11:45:09AM +1030, Greg Lehey wrote:

> > but by November that'd come down to 1 week. Mine only took a few
> > days. Some things about Telstra's services have changed, and some
> > haven't, so it's always good to check before making plans around
> > them.

OK, well, I've seen a some nastier stories since writing that :-)

> My biggest gripe is that they don't inform me of anything.  They don't
> have an email address you can call, and you have to do everything
> either by phone or by web, which is a pain.  They claim to send things
> to postmaster@yourdomin, but I've never received a single message from
> them.

The postmaster email is not automatic. Information is only sent to keen
web surfers who like frames, who stumble across the places where three email
addresses can be nominated for forwarding traffic stats, outage, and billing
information. Careful handbook readers who extrapolate well are also welcome
to try. No extra charge for the treasure hunt. Lynx users are not eligible
to enter without parental GUIdance.

There are people you can email. I had one written down once. Finding them is
much more of a challenge.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-