Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:01:23 -0800
From:      "Rick Miller" <rickm@nidweb.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Bandwidth management

I'd like to apologize up front for this, but I just have to vent...

  Anyone considering using the http://www.etinc.com bandwidth management
product, please look at the licensing structure before you do so. And anyone
who is currently using it should pay attention.

  I've been using this product for quite awhile, and it has served it's
purpose. But a couple weeks ago the server was compromised and I had to
reinstall the OS, I asked for information on getting a new license key
issued I was told it would be $275. We had already paid nearly $800 for the
product and was never very impressed with it. The $275 was for upgrades in
addition to the new key being issued, I had asked if there were any
alternatives to upgrading since I had no use for the newer features this was
the response received:

>Perhaps you should have read and understood the policy before you
>purchased. Its been the same for quite some time.

>I don't really need your business, so feel free to take a flying leap.

>Dennis

  Again, I apologize to the list but this is just unacceptable and I thought
others should be aware of the type of service offered by this company.

--Rick