Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 08:16:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Justin M. Seger" <jseger@freebsd.scds.com>
To:        tomdean@ix.netcom.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Emacs E-Mail Slow

   I have been using Emacs 19.34.1 for E-Mail and general editing.  After
   processing about a hundred messages and being on line for an hour, or
   so, things get very slow.  Getting mail from /var/mqueue/* takes much
   longer than at startup.  It takes 20 to 30 seconds to sort a hundred
   headers.  Editing in another frame appears normal.

I'm not sure about Emacs 19.34, however I've personally been using Emacs 20.2
for a long time now under CURRENT without any problems.  You might want to give
that a try.  We have a port of it, editors/emacs20.

TTYL,
-Justin Seger-