Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2000 15:37:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      <keith@mail.telestream.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DPT/Baracuda drives.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with the following setup/scenario.
I've had 2 different OS's on a server and all produce the same results on
an array with the following hardware.
System has a OS drive on an adaptec and the raid seperate on the DPT.

DPT 3334UW  Raid controler
Seagate ST39175LW 9.1 GIG LVD  drives
ASUS P2B-D
PIII 450
256Megs RAM
3Com C905B-tx
LVD cable with active terminator

Second scsi controller for OS drive
Adaptec 2940U

I've got the drives setup single ended mode and an active terminator on
the scsi cable and have tried RAID-5 and -0. FreeBSD crashes, NT crashes
NT says it's a corrupt file system and to run chkdsk.
FreeBSD says the super block is bad. Replaced cables, tried the drives out
individualy in seperate machines all checks out ok, as does the
diagnostics on the DPT card.
DPT people have spent countless times on the phone with me and we've
pretty much run through every thing and it all checks out individualy.
I am at a loss as to what my be at issue here. Any one with a setup
similar to this? I'd love to have some comments/suggestions.

If not. I'm returning the card in for a new one.

Thanks.

Keith