Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:33:50 +0200
From:      "Dave Wilson" <davew@sai.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Off topic - shell skills---- Sorted !

Thanks all !
sarep works great !

Kindest regards
David Wilson
The S.A Internet

#include <std-disclaimer.h>

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
[mailto:owner-freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of mikel
Sent: 19 December 2000 03:16
To: Troy Settle
Cc: Len Conrad; freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Re: Off topic - shell skills

But you can and it works...is it right hmmm sounds like we've entered into a
philosophical quandary now haven't we. I personally don't recommend it but
the
guy that was here before me did it for whatever reason. It doesn't really
matter
as it works, and in as much as I'd loved to change it, there are too many
clients relying on the CNAME, and almost equally so that rely on the true
MX.

And exactly why are we argueing over this, when ISPs are being swallowed up
but
big fish like AOL, Verizon and the like...I've enough to worry about setting
up
stupid dsl circuits that I have to buy from verizon, and funnily enough that
they just so happen to sell them themselves...it's maddening!

Sorry fell off the box for a moment...

cheers,
mikel

Troy Settle wrote:

> I've gotten about 10 replies to my first post...  all saying "no, you
can't
> use a CNAME for the MX"  This is what led to my last post.  I did not, in
> any way, suggest pointing the MX to a CNAME.
>
> Yes, using a $INCLUDE is another way around it.  I personally don't like
it,
> but hey, that's me.  There are many answers to every problem, some right,
> some wrong.  There is rarely a single path to reach the goal.
>
> This list is for the sharing of information, and that's what I do.  I'm
not
> afraid to admit when I'm wrong, but for so many people to blast me when
I'm