Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 95 11:43:55 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        edd@arminco.com
Cc:        jhs@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

> > This Junk is Not FreeeBSD, keep it off our lists !
>

> Dear Julian,
>

> the following is the information requested by someone at
> the FreeBSD porters group for FreeBSD port to PowerPC.
>

> Sincerely yours,
>
> Edgar Der-Danieliantz
> AIC Research Laboratories/Open Systems Division
> AIC
>

> P.S. Please be careful in your statements - this is not a Junk :-).
> Definitely. Thank you.

I think offense was taken at the implication that FreeBSD should
be "keeping up with Linux", since the Linux status was the only
apparently relevant data to FreeBSD that the posting contained.

Actually, I read the thing from a web site, not on a mailing list.

Which brings up the question of "who" and "why hackers@freebsd.org
and not platforms@freebsd.org"?

As far as I know, I'm the only FreeBSD person with a PowerPC box
that intends to run FreeBSD on it eventually, and I didn't make
the request.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---