Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2023 23:24:41 -0700
From:      louise9841@gmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        dpchrist@holgerdanske.com, possessor.assizer305@aceecat.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Comparable Technologies

Thank you guys for answering! I would love to go pfsense but I wanted to do t=
his on a bare FreeBSD install for learning experience. Especially learning p=
f as I come from the iptables way of doing things and find pf much more read=
able, and sane lol. Also it would help me learn a bit about zfs, snapshots, a=
nd boot environments as well. That=E2=80=99s the main reason why I go the ro=
ute of masochism,  to learn as quickly and effectively as possible.

Thank you,
Lewis

> On Apr 9, 2023, at 3:25 AM, louise9841@gmail.com wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BFHello, I am new to FreeBSD in terms of using it as a home router/=
firewall. Im trying to implement the FreeBSD equivalent or similar way of do=
ing things like I did on my Linux Router. Are there are equivalent ways/prog=
rams for the following:
>=20
>=20
> 1. Reverse Path Filter (Like on Linux).
>=20
> 2. Protection against DHCP Starvation attacks.
>=20
> 3. DHCP Snooping
>=20
> 4. Reply-Only ARP system with features like(automatically adding arps for l=
eases) that keep people from setting a static ip on the network and bypassin=
g the queueing done by pf.
>=20
>=20
> P.S.: If there are any ways of doing these options above can you point me t=
o the right documentation as I have tried to research but couldn=E2=80=99t f=
ind any thing on these subjects listed above.