Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:03:32 -0700
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Oliver Bantke <oliver.bantke@t-g-p.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Suspend/resume on Acer TM 661 LCi

Oliver Bantke wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i'm running latest 5.3 on a Acer TravelMate 661LCi. When i try to put the
> laptop into standby, i can't reactivate it. The fan turns on and i can hear
> that the hd is working again but the screen remains blank.

You can try to ssh into it and see if it's fully running, just screen
not working.  If that's the case, running without DRM may help.  I plan
to add full VGA POST to the resume code but right now the priority is
bugfixing for 5.3.  The VGA DPMS driver might also help.  Suspend/resume
problems are not a priority (unless it worked at some point and was
subsequently broken).

-Nate