Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 1996 00:26:04 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
To:        mollyt <mollyt@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>
Cc:        apana-lists-os-freebsd-hardware@apana.org.au
Subject:   Re: Modem connects 9600 only WHY?

Hi, Reference:
> From: mollyt <mollyt@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>
>
> I am running BSD/2.0
> Please help I am going insane trial and erroring .

Huh ?  What's that ?
There's FreeBSD, NetBSD, 386BSD (defunct I guess) & BSDI's BSD386

So what are you running ? Is it FreeBSD or some other OS that's not
appropriate to hardware@freebsd.org ?

If you're running FreeBSD 2.0  that's very old, & was brought out in a rush
for reasons we FreeBSD people had little control over (lawyers etc).
(ie less stable than subsequent less frantic releases :-)

_If_ your running FreeBSD 2.0, be aware we've had 2.0.5 & 2.1.0
released since then, (& next release will be soon).
Please don't waste your (or our) time on that old 2.0,
upgrade to 2.1.0 & see if problem goes away !

& if it's not FreeBSD, well, .........  ;-)

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/