Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:52:03 -0000
From:      Paul Richards <paul@originative.co.uk>
To:        "'BitS'" <bits@oldwarez.com>, Steve Proctor <sproctor@microline.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: DEC Multia

I don't recommend these machines unless you've a low budget or want one
for fun because they're quite old machines, they're not very fast by
current standards.

I've never experienced any reliability problems with them though. Me and
a mate bought
four of these about three years's ago. He and his girlfriend have run
Linux on theirs as their main machines ever since and not had a single
problem with them.

Mine have not had such a bashing but I've not seen any problems yet. I
run them on their
neat little stands and while they spew a lot of heat out of the top they
don't seem to get particularly hot.

YMMV though since I've heard quite a few people on the FreeBSD lists
complain about how hot they run.

Paul Richards Ph.D.
Originative Solutions Ltd