Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:21:03 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Poor state of some top-level FTP mirrors

Will Andrews <will@csociety.org> wrote:

> Please tell us how other OS projects update their packages
> without this kind of problem.  What do they do (or not do) that
> we don't (or do)?

Accounting for different -stable/-current strategies, OpenBSD does
this just the same way as FreeBSD.  When I upload a new set of
OpenBSD i386 snapshot packages to the master, I wipe the old ones
and put the new ones there, all 1.4GB of them.  Since all the
packages are rebuilt, they will have changed anyway, at a minimum
due to the timestamps in the .tgz archives.