Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2001 19:13:30 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt@ezwv.com>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install chapter.sgml

On Friday 10 August 2001 16:57, Murray Stokely wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 09:06:07AM -0700, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> > This commit comes almost exactly one month late.  As far as I can tell
> > this doesn't interfere with any of the (truly excellent) ongoing work on
> > the Handbook, but if it causes any grief for anyone, I'll back it out.
>
>   Certainly not.  Thanks for doing this!  Randy should be ready to
> commit his completely rewritten Chapter 2 next week sometime.

I've placed a copy for review and comments at:

         http://people.freebsd.org/~rpratt/hdbk/view/  (html build)
         http://people.freebsd.org/~rpratt/hdbk/src/     (sources)

I posted the entire handbook build but only the following sections are
involved:

	2.2 Preparing For Installation (unmodified except for section title)
	2.3 Pre-Installation (new)
	2.4 Installation (new)
	2.5 Post-installation (new)

I modified from install/chapter.sgml,v 1.80 (currently 1.84).  I'll merge my
changes into the latest version before committing next week.  This will still
leave some time for more improvements before the release.

Randy