Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:07:10 -0500
From:      Mark Conway Wirt <mark@intrepid.net>
To:        ryanm@accn.org, "freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Resetting a Portmaster

On Mon, Jan 25, 1999 at 02:24:33PM -0500, ryanm wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can reset a portmaster 2E?? Our admin left w/o
> relaying
> the password to the ppl underneath him and cannot be reached. If anyone
> has
> any ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks for any info.

There are two ways.

First, there is a way that you can force it to print an encrypted string
that Livingston can decode for you.  This only works once -- if you
mistype, you'll need to generate another string, call Livingston again,
etc....  This must be done from the console.  I can't remember the details,
but Livingston tech support can walk you though it.

The easiest way -- if you're running Radius -- is to add an account of
type admin to your radius database.  Check the radius administrators
guide for details.

--Mark