Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:23:26 -0500
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        sysop@mauigateway.com, Troy Settle <troy@psknet.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: simple FreeBSD shaper questions :)

At 02:08 PM 02/06/2001, George Fontaine wrote:
>Troy,
>I've actually been in the business since 1994.  Regardless of the length
>of time
>I've been around, the posts to the list are not appropriate.  I rely on this
>list and others for important information.  Perhaps flames and other types of
>posts are appropriate in other lists, but not here.  If this activity is
>allowed
>to continue you will find people unsubscribing and the credibility of the list
>reduced.

Then why are your comments about the flames appropriate? Or dont your rules
apply to you?

I think you'll find that I rarely begin the flaming. There are certain
people (PHK, AD to name a few) who are infuriated to see my name in the
"To:" of their mailbox.No one ever flames the flamers. Its always my fault
for defending myself.  Maybe because people only read the messages I send
(cuz im so darn popular!)

I reserve the right to defend myself.

I get flamed for asking if the if_fxp driver is working. Why is that not a
valid question? What if everyone that asked if something was working got a
"fix it yourself" response? Maybe I will fix it, and then you'll flame me
for selling it and making money off of my work.

Lets see. This last one...someone innocently asks if anyone has any
experience with one of our products, I purposely didnt answer it, and
Mr..Dillweed personally attacks me because of a previous dispute.

Is that the kind of "information" you want to get from this list? Someone
saying negative things about a very valuable and popular product because of
a personal vendetta?

The only reason I read Mr. Dills comments was because Eudora showed 2 chili
peppers next to the message. Gotta read those!

DB