Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 1997 10:23:00 -0400
From:      Feebrijee <feebrijee@logrus.mv.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Microsoft Sillyness

While cruising through Microsoft's recently published FAQ on IE for UNIX, I
read this question and the afforementioned monopoly's increadibly outspoken
answer:

Q: How can Microsoft be confident it can release a 4.0 browser for UNIX
given the difficulties releasing a 3.0 product?

A: Glad you asked. We invite anyone with questions about our ability to make
up for lost time to consider our track record in delivering a superior Mac
version of Internet Explorer. It has come from behind and now offers a much
better browser than Netscape Navigator or any other Mac browser. Internet
Explorer for Macintosh is not only superior in feature set, but offers
better performance while requiring significantly less memory compared to
Navigator. On the Windows 3.1 platform, we deliver the only browser that
supports a final production version of the Java Virtual Machine. The reason
for our delay on UNIX is so that we can deliver a similarly great 4.0
product for our UNIX customers.

The question now seems to be:  Which political office is Microsoft's
publicist going for in the 2000 election?

Cheers!