Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 2002 14:28:46 -0700
From:      "vizion communication" <vizion@ixpres.com>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   MSIK7N420 Pro - Configuration issues.

Hi

I have recently installed FreeBSD onto a system using this
motherboard and am havng difficulty with the onboard video
and sound.

I have already raised my queries with the Xree mailing list
bt so far noone has come up with any suggetions.

On attempting to confgure X from the  4.5BSD CdRom set
everything goes fine until the time comes t start the X
server. The X server crashes with artifacts on screen and/or
two blue horizonatl bands across the monitor. I inserted an
old Matrox Milleniu II card into a PCI slot and everything
configures fine with Xwindows and desktop performing
superbly.

 However I would really like to free up that PCI slot!!

Also the onboard sound does not configure satisfactorily.

All advice appreciated. Please ask for further information.

Thnks

David