Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2000 19:46:58 -0800
From:      "Dan O'Connor" <dan@jgl.reno.nv.us>
To:        "R Joseph Wright" <rjoseph@nwlink.com>, "Greg Lehey" <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: devices under 4.0

>As I see it, -CURRENT, or anything else for that matter, is for anyone who
>chooses to run it.  If you don't want to 'hold my hand', you certainly
>have no obligation to respond to my question.

Sir, you are out of line. And Greg is right: your comments belong
on -current, not -questions.

Might I suggest you read the FreeBSD Handbook article "Staying Current with
FreeBSD" (http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/cutting-edge.html#CURRENT), which
states, in part:

    17.1.3. What is FreeBSD-current not?

        1.  A fast-track to getting pre-release bits because you heard
            there is some cool new feature in there and you want to be
            the first on your block to have it.

        2.  A quick way of getting bug fixes.

        3.  In any way ``officially supported'' by us. We do our best
            to help people genuinely in one of the 3 ``legitimate''
            FreeBSD-current categories, but we simply do not have the
            time to provide tech support for it..."

I applaud your desire to walk the bleeding edge, but this does not entitle
you to attempt to start flame wars with members of this list when you don't
like the cold reality of their answers.

Ask your question again on -current, keep a civil tongue, and you may find
some help.

Good day,

--Dan

**  The thing I like most about Windows 98 is...
**  You can download FreeBSD with it!