Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 1995 10:04:43 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world on FreeBSD-stable impossible. cc1: ... signal 11

You are not alone. I have a 486DX4/100/PCI and an adaptec 2940, and I get
these the whole time, as well as the signal 11's. I just tried a reboot,
ant the files that were corrupted before are now OK???!! They are corrupted
in exactly that same sort of way you are reporting.

My kernel is stable, the rest is a mix (a lot hand-installed).

> This morning I made an interesting experience.
> The make world stopped building the libraries, because there was
> a control character in an include file.
>
> c++  -pipe -O -nostdinc -I/local/FreeBSD-stable/gnu/lib/libg++/include -I/usr
/include   -I/local/FreeBSD-stable/gnu/lib/libg++/include -I/usr/include/g++ -I
/usr/include  -nostdinc++ -c /local/FreeBSD-stable/gnu/lib/libg++/libio/iostrea
m.cc -o iostream.o
> In file included from /local/FreeBSD-stable/gnu/lib/libg++/include/iostream.h
:31,
>                  from /local/FreeBSD-stable/gnu/lib/libg++/libio/iostream.cc:
31:

<
--
Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa