Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 18:37:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Pat Lynch <lynch@bsdunix.net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>, Joe Abley <jabley@patho.gen.nz>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: On hub.freebsd.org refusing to talk to dialups

I totally agree with this, while it doesn;t stop all spam (and some has to
be added manually to my own lists) I've dramatically cut down on spam to
my machines.

DUL, while I'm not sure whether we should take this to -chat or not since
we are now getting into noise on the -current list, is also a good thing.
simply because noone on a dialup has reason to be sending mail directly to
me, they should be sending it through thier ISP's mail servers.

overall MAPS is the best thing to come along for spam control since ...I
don;t know when. They aren;t as "strict" as ORB and Paul Vixie's attitude
towa5rds it has been excellent. Its much easier to get off RBL than it is
ORB, especially if you are on it by mistake, like a friend of mine was.

-Pat

Pat Lynch						lynch@rush.net
							lynch@bsdunix.net
Systems Administrator					Rush Networking