Date:      Fri, 27 Jun 1997 12:02:27 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PS printer

Chuck Robey wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, Mark Murray wrote:
> I set up one driver using cdjmono, the other for cdjcolor.  This is the
> same printer, of course, the cdjmono one being the default, so I call out
> lpr -Pcolor when I want color.  I've just recently purchased the second
> color ink cartridge for the "photo-realistic" stuff, but in the one time
> that I tried it, I couldn't see a difference.  Course, the original one
> came out amazingly well to begin with.

This is great news. It means that apsfilter will DTRT.

>                                         Do you have a picture source that
> I could use to check this with, one that would print differently with the
> two?

Unfortunately not. If you find one, please let me know. If you have
any pictures that are close to photo-quality and which print nicely
on your system, please let me have a copy.

> BTW, it came with Windows software, but I haven't taken the shrink-wrap
> off that.  Might have been a picture in there to serve as a test case.  I
> just don't run Windows, really.

Same here - except I read the docs - there is _nothing_ of any use to
a UNIX person in there - you cannot even clean the heads with the front
panel buttons anymore :-(.

PS - for all the lurkers reading this, this is for the HP DJ 694c
     printer.
--
Mark Murray