Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 1997 17:51:11 +0500
From:      "David Alderman" <dave@persprog.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Motherboard & ChipSet pointers?

On 14 Jan 97 at 15:07, Steve Passe proclaimed:

> EISA should be avoided for SMP/technical reasons (which I have gone into
> in detail in the past).  I highly recommend the Gigabyte GA586DX if
> you want a P5 system.  P6 is an unknown to me.

Unfortunately that would have been my next question, namely:
Wouldn't P6's be better for multiprocessing than Pentiums?
Also, which would be more cost-effective, a dual Pentium 166 (since
200's are NOT cost effective) or a single Pentium Pro 200?

I think I'll go check some prices...

When philosophy conflicts with reality, choose fantasy.
Dave Alderman  -- dave@persprog.com