Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 11:21:50 +0200
From:      Richard Gresek <rg@plusline.de>
To:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   terminal server with PPP & TACACS or Radius

>I have fixed the bugs and rerolled the terminal server kit.
>You'll find it at <ftp://ftp.hilink.com.au/pub/FreeBSD/pppkit.tgz
>
>In the kit you'll find:
>
>* more docs and installation instructions
>* pppd binaries for 2.1.5-2.1.7.1 and 2.2+ which correctly log users to
>  wtmp and utmp, and support denying users to use /etc/master.password
>  PAP logins if they are listed in /etc/ppp/ppp.disabled, or if the user's
>  shell is not listed in /etc/ppp/ppp.shells.
>* Sample login script and gettytab configuration.
>* Tips for using Win95 and Macintosh FreePPP

Is it possible to authenticate users with an TACACS Server?

We are running 3 ´remote´ ISPs with FreeBSD as terminal servers. I´d like
to have to manage only one central database for all users in all of these
locations. How should the system be set up to use TACACS or Radius for
incoming PPP connections?

Thanks

Richard Gresek
#=======================================================
#
# =======> Deutsches Provider Network <=========
#
# Richard Gresek                Internet PoP fuer
# c/o Plus.Line                 -> Frankfurt
# Oppenheimer Landstr. 55       -> Stuttgart
# D-60596 Frankfurt/M.          -> Westerwald
# Tel.: +49 69 61991275
# Fax:  +49 69 610238           http://www.plusline.de