Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 19:48:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Cliff Skolnick <cliff@steam.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: deadlock problem related to MFS & paging?

I'll summerize the results, please drop me a note personally instead of to
this list.  Mail me the last time you cvsup'ed, and the output of uname -a.
So maybe we can figure out another correlation.

I just ordered another 128MB of memory and a real disk to mount /tmp on a
UFS system.  I might install that if I can make any progress on the software
hacks, I'll see if that gets rid of the problem next week.

Cliff

On Thu, 13 May 1999, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> >I've emailed a couple other people that posted about deadlocks in the past
> >few weeks to -stable asking them if they were running MFS.
>
> No MFS here, and I havent had the same degree of lockups as you and Cy have
> seen...
>
> 	---Mike

Cliff Skolnick          | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain
Steam Tunnel Operations |  a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty
cliff@steam.com         |  nor safety."
http://www.steam.com/   |                   -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759