Date:      Sun, 14 May 1995 13:49:52 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        asami@CS.Berkeley.EDU (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: dgd port package failed again

>  * Package creation now works again. Fixed for now by using a temporary PLIST.
>
> Well, I'm sure you've gotten my other mail by now, but it's not
> working!

It works on freefall and thud with this change (and localised trees).
Or is there a problem because the package gets created in the wrong
destination directory?

> Please stop trying to outsmart bsd.port.mk and pkg_*.

The only undocumented feature currently being used in this is the way a flag
to pkg_create overrides a previous occurence of the same flag...
i.e.  '-f foo -f bar' is equivalent to '-f bar' in this case.
If you prefer, it could set PKG_ARGS= explicitly to the whole string instead
of appending to ${PKG_ARGS}

This workaround with a temporary PLIST is only necessary because pkg_create
does not yet accept relative paths in @srcdir and @cwd commands, I have local
changes to enable this but it is too late to commit them before the deadline
(the changes only affect relative paths).

Adam D.