Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 1996 08:47:53 +1000
From:      Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
To:        Terletsky Slavik <ts@polynet.lviv.ua>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to read /dev/console's messages

On Fri, 13 Sep 1996 16:36:56 +0300  Terletsky Slavik wrote:

> I use different log files for different events but want to feed
> system monitoring program (swatch) by all of them.

The GNU tail is supposed to be able to tail multiple files -- you
might try using it with swatch.

Alternatively I have a version of swatch that handles multiple log
files.  It is pretty much alpha code though, and is written in perl5.
You are welcome to a copy if you'd like; I hope to clean it up some
more over the next few days.

(Really a question for -questions, I suggest too.)

Regards,

Giles