Date:      Sun, 12 May 2019 07:41:04 -0400
From:      v@researchbsd.org
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Core Team Response to Controversial Social Media Posts

On Sun, May 12, 2019, at 7:50 PM, Sulev-Madis Silber wrote:
> On Friday, May 10, 2019, FreeBSD Core Team Secretary <
> core-secretary@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > The FreeBSD Core Team is aware of recent controversial statements ma=
de
> > on social media by a FreeBSD developer.  We, along with the Code of
> > Conduct review committee, are investigating the matter and will deci=
de
> > what action to take.  Both the Core Team and the FreeBSD Foundation
> > would like to make it clear that views shared by individuals represe=
nt
> > neither the Project nor the Foundation.
> >
> > --
> > FreeBSD Core Team
> >
>=20
>=20
> is this a political party?! i thought it was developer team of certain=

> specific area server operating system?
>=20
> first, i would like to know if this is a joke? because it must be! the=
n, if
> it's not, what has said and by who?
=20

FreeBSD Core Team and the FreeBSD Foundation can claim injury to reputat=
ion. We are waiting to see if they claim injury.=20

=E2=80=9CTort: a wrongful act, other than breach of contract, that resul=
ts in injury to another party=E2=80=99s person, property, dignity, or re=
putation, and which is recognized by statue or common law as a legitimat=
e basis for liability.=E2=80=9D (2014, July 30). Retrieved from https://=
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DjQ6smN3lcnY

Vester