Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:50:54 +0100
From:      Mark Blackman <mark.blackman@netscalibur.co.uk>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>, bmah@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: RELNOTESng now default in 4-STABLE, *.TXT files removed

Experimented briefly (30 minutes) this weekend and discovered that
jadetex will need 'latex' at the bare minimum. On top of that, it will
require a few extra latex packages (colortbl etc.), which is
presumably why teTeX was an attractive option. It only seems to need
these for its own documentation but I might have missed further
requirements down the line.

However, it should be possibly to load the latex packages as extra
dependencies either as independent packages (a la the p5 perl modules)
or just like a bunch of little patch files that the 'latex' processor
sees via a modified path.

I'll first try the latter approach and see how far I get. I have
a horrible feeling I going to learn more about jadetex than I
really want to.

- Mark