Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2002 08:52:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Wilbur <matt@efs.org>
To:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc:        Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Drive/Partition Copying Utilities

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Brad Knowles wrote:

> 	I know that Ghost is good for doing a bit-for-bit disk copy for
> Microsoft OSes, but does it really properly grok Linux and FreeBSD
> filesystems?  How does it manage to grow a Linux or FreeBSD
> filesystem?  Heck, for that matter, how does it manage to grow a
> Microsoft filesystem?

doh, you're right.  ghost 'groks' ntfs/fat32/ext2fs (and will resize
them), but not ffs.  as to how, i don't know the nuts and bolts, but if
you're going from a say, 2G ext2 (shudder) partition (or disk) to an 8G
partition (or disk) it'll ask you how big you want the target to be,
and it'll accept values between the 'source' volume's size and the max
available on the new partition or disk.

-matt