Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 14:27:56 +0100
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   2.2-961014-SNAP install problem

I tried to install (skipping kernel config) 2.2-961014-SNAP on
a PPro-200 (ASUS P6NP5, 32MB, NCR BIOS, Quantum Atlas 2GB,\
first PCI device IDE, second SCSI)

The partition editor barfed at my disk geometry and
decided to take 2050/64/32 instead of the
native geometry of 3925/10/107. Trying to enforce
the latter (G option) doesn't seem possible.

After a first seemingly successful install of the filesystems
and extract from ftp.de.freebsd,org I got this
infamous 'Missing Operating System'.

I'm clueless at the moment. A send install got hung
eternally at the box 'Copying device files'