Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 95 14:39:56 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        radova@risc6.unisa.ac.za (A. Radovanovic)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: www cgi sripts problem

> I am having a problem running the WWW cgi scripts writen in perl.
> My scripts are owned by nobody and when started by www client
> she/he gets response: whatever.cgi: permission denied
>
> Everything works fine when root executes them locally.

Probably the permissions on the files themselves or the permissions
on one of the path components used to get to the files is wrong.

You can be root and "su nobody" and test the path, or just
visually inspect it, if you know how directory permissions and exclusion
groups operate.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---