Date:      Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:48:55 -0500
From:      Ingrid Kast Fuller <ingrid@cityscope.net>
To:        Bill Swingle <bill@cdrom.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSDCon '99

Bill,
    Only thing I see right now is that the price of a convention for people
used to getting their software FREE, is a bit high.  The hotel is high, the
booths are high, the tables are high, .  My personal opinion is make it
reasonable for ANYONE to attend with an interest in FreeBSD. You'll get more
people and exposure.  Isn't that what we want guys?

If I was an employee of a firm who was sending me to the conference and the
firm was paying for it.....hey no problem. But, most of us are self-employed
and trying to make a profit.   I would love to go with my tech who I'm
training, but for just one of us to go is out of our reach.

This conference doesn't have a track record yet, on how many people will be
there, etc.. right?
This would help me figure out if it would be worth my effort to have a booth
or table there.

Bill Swingle wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I just put the finishing touches on the FreeBSDCon '99 website and have
> made it public. I wanted the lot of you to take a look at the site and
> see if you can find any gross errors or things that otherwise make us
> look silly.

 Ingrid Kast Fuller              Email: ingrid@cityscope.net
 CityScope Computer Services     Since 1984
 CityScope Net                   Web: http://www.cityscope.net
 109 West Southmore
 Pasadena, TX 77502-1001         1 (713)477-6161