Date:      Wed, 04 Apr 2001 16:29:31 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        David Preece <davep@afterswish.com>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WindRiver takeover.

In message <200104042221.f34MLUq34074@harmony.village.org> Warner Losh writes:
: In message <5.0.2.1.1.20010405101244.02276720@pop3.paradise.net.nz> David Preece writes:
: : So WindRiver have bought up BSDi.... Why don't I feel good about this?
: :
: : http://www.windriver.com/press/html/bsdi.html
:
: Recall that they didn't buy FreeBSD, but rather BSDi.  Just like the
: wallnut creek stuff.  If they want to steer FereBSD into the ground
: for small systems, they will not succeed.  I'll make sure of that.

Damn.  hit send too fast.  I also wanted to add that I don't think
that will be the case.  BSDi had a very low level of control of the
day to day operations of FreeBSD while they owned what used to be
Walnut Creek CDROM.  WRS will be able to fund development, which will
be a good thing, but will not likely be taking over the functions that
core and the committers have traditionally done in the project.

Warner