Date:      08 Mar 2002 14:13:30 -0800
From:      "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@blarg.net>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/35688: fdisk(8) page extraneous "being", etc.

>Number:         35688
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       fdisk(8) page extraneous "being", etc.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The man page has several minor problems. See below.
================
>How-To-Repeat:
n/a
================
>Fix:

-- Change:
    If omitted, the disks 'ad0', and 'da0' are being searched in that
    order, until one is being found responding.
   To:
    If omitted, the disks 'ad0' and 'da0' are searched in that
    order until one responds.

-- Change "program fdisk" to "fdisk program" or "program, fdisk,".

-- Change "purposes" to "purposes.".

-- Change "designed not to" to "designed to not".

-- Change "FreeBSD; and" to "FreeBSD and".

-- For -I, change "with one" to "for one".

-- Change "setup" to "set up" (it's not used as a noun here).

-- Change all "partition" to "slice", except in the sample output.
    FreeBSD should either use "slice" everywhere or conform to the
    more common usage, eg, "primary partition" everywhere and stop
    using "slice".

   From "Bugs", remove:
    Throughout this man page, the term 'partition' is used where it
    should actually be 'slice', in order to conform with the terms used
    elsewhere.