Date:      03 Jul 2002 20:20:20 +0200
From:      Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recent pango update

Am Mi, 2002-07-03 um 19.16 schrieb Maxim Sobolev:
> Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> >
> > For anyone seeing font problems in GNOME 2, can you please make sure to
> > update to the latest pango revision?  I fixed a problem where libc was
> > being implicitly linked throughout all of GNOME 2.  This had some really
> > good effects for me.  For instance, I am now able to use my keyboard in
> > gcalctool.
>
> Heh, ol'good "libc explicitly linked into a shared library" issue,
> isn't it?
>
> Thanks for fixing it. BTW, the following commands could be used to
> detect such issues before they will drive users crazy:
>
> $ find /usr/X11R6/lib -name *.so | xargs ldd | grep libc.so
> $ find /usr/local/lib -name *.so | xargs ldd | grep libc.so
>
> If there are any "libc.so.X => /usr/lib/libc.so.X" lines in the output
> then you got a problem.

If this true, then (i think) i have many problems:

/usr/local/lib/: 244 entries

/usr/X11R6/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libfile.so

/usr/X11R6/lib/xine/plugins/xineplug_inp_dvdnav.so
/usr/X11R6/lib/xine/plugins/xineplug_decode_xvid.so

my xinerama+anti aliased  font-problem is still there.

franz.

--
WEBONAUT.com
http://webonaut.com