Date:      Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:34:30 -0500
From:      "Scott M. Ferris" <sferris@gmail.com>
To:        Petri Helenius <pete@he.iki.fi>
Cc:        Benjamin Rosenblum <ben@benswebs.com>, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: em(4) receive part wedging randomly at moderate load

On 9/26/05, Petri Helenius <pete@he.iki.fi> wrote:

> Does anyone have the programming data for the chipsets so the driver
> could be taken further? I've been unable to obtain them from Intel
> despite of repeated attempts.

Intel released the 8254x Developer Manual in late July, so some
information is now available.  You can download a PDF from
SourceForge:

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/

Unfortunately that document doesn't appear to have any chip errata in it,
so you may have to search the Linux driver for the work-arounds it's using,
but it's better than having no documentation at all.

--
Scott M. Ferris