Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 07:48:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jrcharron@gen-int.com
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/26293: Just add detail on the tutorial

>Number:         26293
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Just add detail on the tutorial
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
On this web page http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/pppoe.html.

I try to configure the pppoe on my computer..And after 1 hours, I discover
my problem. When you create the file /etc/ppp/ppp.conf you need to put
at least 1 space after the name of the provider in the configuration
parameter for this provider to have a working script.

Example: ( Default and set are not in the same column. This is the good way)
    default: # or name_of_service_provider
      set device PPPoE:xl1 # replace xl1 with your ethernet device
      set mru 1492
      set mtu 1492
      set authname YOURLOGINNAME

Please put this information on the handbook.

Other think, on my Freebsd4.2, by default in the /etc/default/rc.conf
nat is activated, ppp_nat="YES" so you don't need to add
nat enable yes # if you want to enable nat for your local net
on your /etc/ppp/ppp.conf

Thanks
Jean-Richard Charron