Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 14:08:18 +1100 (EST)
From:      Anthony Hill <ahill@interconnect.com.au>
To:        David Brockus <dbrockus@cyberhall.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Logging user activity

Anthony Hill
ahill@connect.com.au

On Mon, 22 Jan 1996, David Brockus wrote:

> I am running FreeBSD 2.0.5R system.  I believe there is a "hacked"
> account on the system I maintain.  I would to extensively monitor this
> users activity.  I want to log everything.  Any there any suggestion on
> how to set this up or can anybody recommend any packages to do this?
> Thanks in advance.

Not for 2.05, but 2.1 has the really evil/cool "watch", which lets you
view/log EVERYTHING that goes through any other tty. You have to compile
the "snoop" device into you kernel, then just type "watch 'tty'" !
You can even control the other guys tty. (Dont let the bad guys get hold of
this one !)

Anthony Hill