Date:      Tue, 1 May 2001 09:19:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "F. Johan Beisser" <johan.beisser@caustic.org>
To:        "Richard C." <freebsd@telus.net>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Richard C. wrote:

> I'm no expert at this, but I have a Toshiba 4300 Satelite Pro although using
> a LinkSys NIC...

sadly, the problem is with the internal NIC. i'll mail in boot messages
and such later on today.

The Satellite Pro 4600 pretty much has any toy you want internal, attached
to the motherboard (modem, NIC, etc). So far, it's been a pain to get more
than just the keyboard and such working well with FreeBSD.

I'm not going into the issues i've had with XFree86 4, and the trident
card. That, i think is the least of my problems.

Based on prior experience, i pretty much believe that the problem is with
IRQ sharing.

Anyhow, a post of the dmesg output will be posted later on today.

 Web: http://caustic.org/~jan email: johan.beisser@caustic.org
   "knowledge is power, power corrupts. study hard, be evil"